What will a breast lift do?
By lifting, reshaping and repositioning your breasts and nipples, a breast lift enables you to look and feel more attractive, more feminine and more confident about the appearance of your breasts.
This plastic surgery procedure is performed by moving the nipple and areola (the pink skin surrounding the nipple) to a higher position, moving the breast tissue to a higher level, removing excess skin from the lower portion of the breast, and reshaping the remaining breast skin. Many of my patients choose to have their breasts lifted and increased in size (breast augmentation) during the same procedure.
A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. Here are the top 3 reasons why women decide to have a breast lift:
1) To restore a better breast shape following pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnancy often leaves breasts stretched and sagging. A breast lift, with or without implants, can help undo these changes and restore a more youthful, attractive appearance.
2) To improve breast contour after significant weight loss. Losing a lot of weight often means losing breast volume. By removing excess skin and tightening the remaining breast tissue, a breast lift can help restore a more proportional, youthful breast shape.
3) To enjoy a sexy, perky breast shape for the first time. Some of my patients have had drooping breasts since their teens. Breast lift surgery can help all women get the breast profile they have always wanted.
How to tell if you need a breast lift
Here are some questions you might ask yourself to help you determine if a breast lift is something you would like to pursue.
1) Do your nipples seem to point downward? As skin at the base of the breast stretches out and begins to sag, the weight of breast tissue will pull the nipple downward. A breast lift will reposition the breast tissue so the nipples are facing forward.
2) Does the nipple/areola sit below the crease underneath your breast? One trait cosmetic surgeons frequently look for when evaluating a breast lift candidate is the position of the nipple/areola in relation to the inframammary fold, or crease beneath the breast. Try this test: slide a plain sheet of paper underneath your breast (no bra) so that it sits against the breast crease. When looking in the mirror, do your nipples sit below the top edge of the paper? If so, you have enough sagging to consider a breast lift.
3) Am you happy with your breast size when wearing a bra? A breast lift alone will not significantly change the size of your breasts. It can help your breasts look fuller, rounder and better in a bra, but if you would like your breasts to be larger or smaller, a breast lift in conjunction with breast augmentation or reduction may be the right option for you.
4) Are your breasts asymmetrical or unusually shaped? Since breast lift surgery reshapes the breast tissue as well as lifts sagging breasts, it can be very effective in improving breast symmetry and shape.
When asked if breast lifts are safe, my answer is yes
In over 20 years of performing breast lift surgery in my plastic surgery practice, I have encountered very few complications with this procedure. What I have found is that for women who want higher, more shapely, younger-looking breasts, a breast lift is a highly satisfying solution.
My credentials as a plastic surgeon
I am board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). With over 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced surgical techniques and technologies, I consistently provide my patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. In addition, I am on staff at White Plains Hospital, Northern Westchester Hospital and Lennox Hill Hospital. I have performed hundreds of successful breast lift procedures for more than 20 years, with very few complications.
I perform procedures at the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester
For almost every plastic surgery procedure I perform, I use the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester. As the standard of excellence in the region, this technologically advanced, leading-edge facility was specifically designed by our group of surgeons (Cosmetic Surgery Associates) to provide our patients with the highest level of care, personal privacy and optimal surgical results. The Surgical Specialty Center is Medicare approved, state licensed and meets all current requirements at the top level of New York State. To learn more about the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester, watch this short video by clicking on the image below.
How much does a breast lift cost?
One of the first questions my patients ask me when they’re considering getting a breast lift is how much will it cost. My answer is that there is no one standard price. Every woman’s breasts are unique, and the results she is seeking from breast lift surgery are specific to her. That’s why I determine the exact cost of the procedure after I have met with the patient, evaluated her breasts, body type, overall physical condition and her personal goals and expectations. Then together, we will decide how to achieve the best possible results. For further pricing details, please contact me.
Will this surgery be covered by my insurance?
A breast lift is considered by insurance companies to be elective cosmetic surgery and therefore is usually not covered, which means that the procedure would be self-pay.
Seeing is believing
To see unretouched “before and after” photos of actual patients of mine who have had successful breast lifts, please visit the Breast Lift page in the Photo Gallery section of my website.
Considering a breast lift?
If you are thinking about breast lift surgery and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me and I will send you additional information prior to your appointment. I specialize in the most advanced techniques of breast lift surgery and am ready to help you achieve your goals. I will assess the current appearance of your breasts, your reasons for wanting surgery, and your expectations. Then together, we will decide the best shaping technique to bring you the results you’re looking for.
For more information on breast lifts, I recommend these 3 blogs
So that you can be fully informed before you decide to have a breast lift, I’ve written these 3 blogs explaining this procedure and its many benefits:
- How To Tell If You Need A Breast Lift
- Top 3 Reasons Women Have Breast Lift Surgery
- How Is A Breast Lift Different From Breast Augmentation?
Learn more about all the breast procedures I offer
- Breast Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.