In the past, did you have breasts that were full, firm and round, but after the passage of time, have begun to droop and sag? Were they a lot higher than they are now? Do you wish you could get your younger, pre-children breasts back? With a breast lift, you can!
What is a breast lift and what will it do?
A breast lift is a surgical procedure that significantly improves the appearance of your breasts. Rather than making them larger, a breast lift reshapes and repositions breasts that have sagged and dropped as a result of:
- weight loss
During the procedure, a plastic surgeon moves the nipple and areola (the pink skin surrounding the nipple) to a higher position, repositions the breast tissue to a higher level, removes excess skin from the lower portion of the breast, and reshapes the remaining breast skin. A variety of incision patterns are possible, depending on the desired results and the correction needed. A great benefit of this procedure is that in most cases, breast and nipple sensation can be preserved.
If a patient also wants larger breasts, breast implants can be inserted during a breast lift.
To know more, watch this short video
To learn about the complete range of breast procedures I offer, click here. You can also watch my short 2-minute video about these procedures by clicking on the image below.
4 ways to know you could benefit from a breast lift
I feel strongly that the more information patients have, the more satisfied they will be with the results of their plastic surgery. A breast lift is a surgical procedure performed under anesthesia, which is why it’s important for you to feel confident about your decision. If you’re wondering if this surgery is right for you, here are some questions to ask yourself:
1) Do your nipples point downward? As skin at the base of the breast stretches out and begins to sag, the weight of breast tissue pulls the nipple downward. A breast lift will reposition the breast tissue so that the nipples face outward, not down.
2) Does the nipple/areola sit below the crease underneath your breast? One thing plastic surgeons look for when evaluating a breast lift candidate is the position of the nipple/areola in relation to the crease beneath the breast. To find out for yourself, slide a sheet of paper underneath your breast (no bra) so that it sits against the breast crease. Look in a mirror to see if your nipples sit below the top edge of the paper. If so, you have enough sagging skin to be a good candidate for a breast lift.
3) Are you happy with your breast size when wearing a bra? A breast lift on its own will not significantly change the size of your breasts. It can help your breasts look higher and rounder in a bra, but if you want your breasts to become larger or smaller, you should consider having breast augmentation or breast reduction at the same time as a breast lift.
4) Are your breasts asymmetrical or unusually shaped? Since breast lift surgery reshapes the breast tissue as well as lifts sagging breasts, it can be very effective in improving breast symmetry and shape.
How much does a breast lift cost?
One of the first questions my patients ask me when they’re considering getting a breast lift is how much will it cost. My answer is that there is no one standard price. Every woman’s breasts are unique, and the results she is seeking from breast lift surgery are specific to her. That’s why I determine the exact cost of the procedure after I have met with the patient, evaluated her breasts, body type, overall physical condition and her personal goals and expectations. Then together, we will decide how to achieve the best possible results.
A breast lift is considered by insurance companies to be elective cosmetic surgery and therefore is usually not covered, which means that the procedure would be self-pay.
Seeing is believing
To see unretouched “before and after” photos of actual patients of mine who have had successful breast lifts, please visit the Breast Lift page in the Photo Gallery section of my website.
Considering a breast lift?
If you are thinking about breast lift surgery and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me and I will send you additional information prior to your appointment. I specialize in the most advanced techniques of breast lift surgery and am ready to help you achieve your goals. I will assess the current appearance of your breasts, your reasons for wanting surgery, and your expectations. Then together, we will decide the best shaping technique to bring you the results you’re looking for.
For more information on breast lifts, read these 3 blogs
So that you can be fully informed before you decide to have a breast lift, I’ve written these 3 blogs explaining this procedure and its many benefits:
- How Is A Breast Lift Different From Breast Augmentation?
- Thinking About A Breast Lift? Here's A Short Video
- What’s A Breast Lift And Should You Get One?
Learn more about the breast procedures I offer
There is lots of information on my website about the many breast procedures available to you so you can be fully informed prior to your decision:
- Breast Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.