If you’re like many of my patients, you probably spend a lot of time doing things for the people in your life: your kids, your spouse or partner, your co-workers, your parents, your friends. But do you ever take a step back and decide to do something just for you? Liposuction could be that turning point.
A permanent, highly-effective solution to stubborn fat deposits
If you’ve tried dieting and exercise but still have localized areas of fat that simply won’t go away, liposuction could be the perfect solution. It slims and reshapes specific areas of your body by eliminating excess fat and improving your body contours, giving you a toned, curvy shape you can feel confident about. And the best part about liposuction: since fat cells do not reproduce, once they’re gone, they’re gone for good!
2 types of liposuction
- Tumescent liposuction. With this technique, a plastic surgeon will inject a solution into your fatty areas before removing any fat. This solution is made up of saline, lidocaine anesthetic, and epinephrine (which contracts your blood vessels) and enables the fat to be extracted more easily, helps decrease blood loss, and eases pain during and after surgery.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction (SmartLipo). Using advanced laser technology, SmartLipo liquefies fat by producing a burst of energy as the laser enters the fatty tissue. This energy is delivered by a thin laser fiber that is inserted through small incisions in the skin. Laser-assisted liposuction also stimulates collagen production in the skin, which may in turn offer additional skin-tightening benefits.
Liposuction is often performed at the same time as other procedures for even better results
Liposuction can successfully be combined with other cosmetic surgery procedures such as a facelift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck or lower body lift. If you're interested in decreasing fat throughout your entire body, this will likely take multiple procedures.
What liposuction won’t do
- Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise.
- It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite—the dimpled skin that often appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks—or loose saggy skin.
- Liposuction will not prevent you from gaining weight. To keep your new shape and new weight after liposuction, you must follow a proper diet and exercise plan.
How much does liposuction cost?
Because every person’s body is unique and the amount and location of fat to be removed through liposuction vary from person to person, the exact cost of surgery is usually determined by a plastic surgeon after he or she has met with the patient and together, they have decided which and how many areas of the body are good candidates for liposuction in order to achieve the best possible results.
I perform liposuction at the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester
For almost every plastic surgery procedure I perform, including liposuction, I use the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester. Located in Harrison, NY, the Surgical Specialty Center has four operating rooms and an 11-bed recovery room. Each operating room is fully equipped with state-of-the-art anesthesia (provided by a board-certified anesthesiologist), emergency equipment and everything else I and my surgical team need to provide the highest standard of care to each one of our patients. To learn more, watch this short video by clicking here or on the image below.
Insurance companies consider liposuction to be elective cosmetic surgery and therefore is usually not covered by insurance, meaning that patients pay the entire cost themselves.
For more facts about liposuction, I recommend these 3 blogs
So you can be fully informed before you decide to have liposuction, I’ve written several blogs explaining the procedure and its benefits. Here are the three most popular ones:
- Are You a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
- How To Know Which Type of Liposuction Is Right For You
- The Best Part About Liposuction? Long-Lasting Results!
See the beautiful results for yourself
If you are thinking about having liposuction, please contact me for a free consultation where you’ll hear about all your options and have the opportunity to ask as many as questions as you like. I have performed hundreds of liposuction procedures and am highly experienced in this specialized type of plastic surgery. Deciding to have liposuction is an important decision and I am dedicated to helping you achieve the beautiful body you’ve always wanted.
Learn about the full range of body contouring procedures I offer
- Body Procedures
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.