One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures requested by my patients today is the Brazilian butt lift. Why are they so happy with it? The main reason is that when you combine a butt lift with liposuction, you get a double benefit: the body shaping aspect of liposuction and the enhancement aspect of a higher and firmer butt. Plus, since a Brazilian butt lift uses your own fat, there’s no chance of rejection.
To learn more about Brazilian butt lift surgery, watch my short 2-minute video by clicking on the button below.
How a Brazilian butt lift is performed
During the procedure, I use liposuction to vacuum thin layers of fat from areas with excess fat deposits, usually your stomach, thighs and/or love handles. I then take this fat, concentrate it and treat it, then inject it into your buttocks in layers on top of each other to produce the desired contour and fullness. This allows me to not only shape and increase the size of the buttocks but put that fat precisely in the places you want enhanced, lifted and rounded.
In addition, with liposuction I can trim away where you have too much fat, such as the tummy, waist area and thighs, giving you a beautiful, curvy hourglass silhouette.
Is a Brazilian butt lift safe?
Yes, I believe the Brazilian butt lift procedure is very safe. The procedure is extremely popular and I have performed hundreds of them very successfully with very low complication rates. Major risks include pulmonary or fat embolism (blood clot) for less than 1% of patients, and anemia.
You might be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift if you:
- Have lost a significant amount of weight and your butt now sags and droops.
- Are overweight and haven't been able to lose weight through physical activity and changes in your diet.
- Are at a normal weight but want to dramatically improve the appearance of your lower body.
- Are at a normal weight but your skin won't contract after liposuction due to poor elasticity related to aging.
- Are unhappy with the overall shape and lack of firmness of your butt.
What to expect during and after the procedure
- In order to have this procedure, you must have a good amount of excess fat in certain parts of your body (such as your thighs, flanks and/or abdomen) that can be extracted and injected into your buttocks.
- Approximately 50% of injected fat is reabsorbed, which is why I exaggerate the original fat transfer to account for this.
- In the vast majority of cases, a butt lift can last for many years.
- Because of the meticulous way the fat is extracted, processed and re-injected for permanent, natural-looking results, Brazilian butt lift surgery typically takes 2-4 hours. However, this depends on the amount of liposuction performed and the amount of fat to be re-injected into the buttocks.
- Following the procedure, special compression garments are typically worn for several weeks to help reduce swelling and to help shape the butt. A "boppy" pillow to sit on and take pressure off the buttock area is also very helpful. People usually can go back to work about one week after the procedure. What seems to work well for my patients is to take their boppy pillow to the office and use it in their work chair.
How much does a Brazilian butt lift cost?
Recognizing that every woman’s body and expectations for butt augmentation surgery are unique to her, I determine the exact cost of a Brazilian butt lift after I have met with the patient and together, we have decided what type of procedure will achieve the best possible results. For pricing details, please contact me.
Considering butt augmentation?
If you are thinking about getting a Brazilian butt lift and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me. I will send you additional information prior to your appointment, then when we meet, I will answer all your questions, evaluate your body type and overall health, and learn what you’re hoping to achieve. Then together, we’ll decide what will bring you the best possible results.
For more information about the Brazilian Butt Lift, read these 3 blogs
So that you can be fully informed before you decide to have a Brazilian butt lift, I’ve written several blogs explaining the procedure and its benefits:
- Ready For A Better Butt? Consider A Brazilian Butt Lift!
- 10 Questions To Ask Before Getting A Brazilian Butt Lift
- The Advantages of a Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Butt Implants
To learn more about all of the body contouring procedures I offer:
- Body Procedures
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.