A shapely, toned, full-sized derrière is one of today's most coveted physical features in a woman, but few women are born with this feature. That's why the Brazilian butt lift (also called butt augmentation) is one of the most asked-for plastic surgery procedures that I perform in my practice . Because this procedure includes both butt augmentation and butt reshaping, it enables the shape and fullness of your “behind” to be meticulously and artfully sculpted, giving you amazingly natural-looking results.
Is a Brazilian butt lift safe?
Yes, I believe the Brazilian butt lift is very safe. Basically a fat transfer, this procedure is extremely popular and I have performed hundreds of them very successfully with very low complication rates. Major risks include pulmonary or fat embolism (blood clot) for less than 1% of patients, and anemia. For more information about butt augmentation surgery, watch my short 2-minute video by clicking on the button below.
Brazilian butt lift uses your own fat so there’s no chance of rejection
During a Brazilian butt lift, excess fat is removed from certain parts of the body and transferred to the buttock area to achieve a lifted, plumper and more rounded appearance. Typically, I extract fat from the lower back, “love handles” and abdomen and use it to shape the top part and sides of the butt.
How a Brazilian butt lift is performed
I start by liposuctioning an area of fat, usually from your stomach, thighs and/or love handles. I take this fat, concentrate it and treat it, then inject it into your buttocks. This allows me to not only shape and increase the size of the buttocks but put that fat precisely in the places you want enhanced, lifted and rounde
Additional procedures to lift and shape the butt
- A technique that adds more roundness, shape and curve to the buttocks is liposuction. I can slim and trim away where you have too much fat while building up where you would like more. Many of my patients take advantage of the liposuction procedure used in a Brazilian butt lift to remove fat from their tummy, waist area and thighs and transfer it to their butt, giving them an attractive, natural-looking hourglass silhouette.
- Patients who have lost 100-150 pounds or more (usually through bariatric surgery) often undergo body shaping, along with a butt lift and augmentation. These procedures remove excess, hanging skin from the gluteal (buttocks) area, resulting in a more round and uplifted rear end.
What to expect during the procedure
- In order to have a Brazilian butt lift, you must have a good amount of excess fat in other parts of your body (such as your thighs, flanks or abdomen) that can be extracted and then injected into your buttocks.
- During the procedure, I use liposuction to vacuum thin layers of fat from areas with excess fat deposits, then I layer these on top of each other in the buttocks to produce the desired contour and fullness. Approximately 50% of injected fat is reabsorbed, which is why I exaggerate the original fat transfer to account for this. In the vast majority of cases, a butt lift can last for many years.
- Because of the meticulous way the fat is extracted, processed and reinjected for permanent, natural-looking results, Brazilian butt lift surgery typically takes 2-4 hours. However, this depends on the amount of liposuction performed and the amount of fat to be reinjected into the buttocks.
- Following the procedure, special compression garments are typically worn for several weeks to help reduce swelling and to help shape the butt. People usually can go back to work about one week after the procedure. What seems to work well for my patients who work at a desk is to sit with your weight on your thighs and not your buttocks.
How long will the results last?
A Brazilian butt lift is a very long-lasting procedure. On average, expect about 50% of the injected fat to stay in the area and about 50% to be reabsorbed by the body, which is why I always put in extra fat deposits.
How much does butt augmentation surgery cost?
Because every woman’s body is unique and the results she is seeking from butt augmentation surgery are specific to her, I determine the exact cost of surgery after I have met with the patient and together, we have decided whether this procedure will achieve the results she is hoping for.
Considering a Brazilian butt lift?
If you are thinking about getting a Brazilian butt lift and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me. I will send you additional information prior to your appointment, then when we meet, I will answer all your questions, evaluate your body type and overall health, and learn what you’re hoping to achieve. Then together, we’ll decide what will bring you the best possible results.
Learn more about body contouring procedures
For further information on body slimming, toning and contouring procedures, you might find these pages on my website helpful:
- Body Procedures
- Mommy Makeover
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Tummy Tuck
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.