There are many different reasons why women choose to have breast implants, such as wanting to restore volume after having children or losing a lot of weight, to balance out asymmetrical breasts, or to rebuild breasts after a mastectomy. With today’s latest implant options and advanced surgical techniques, breast augmentation is now even better and safer than ever and can help women get the natural look they desire while also improving their self-confidence and body image. In addition to breast augmentation, I offer a complete range of breast procedures which you can learn about here.
3 benefits of modern breast augmentation surgery to help you feel your most beautiful best
1) New breast implant options
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, “saline and silicone breast implants are still the two primary types of implants, with silicone being the most popular.” Within this category, women have some new options to choose from for their individual body type and goals:
- "Gummy bear" breast implants mimic the contours of your natural breasts, with more fullness at the bottom and a tapering effect toward the top. (I’ve written several blogs about gummy implants, one of which you can read here.)
- High-strength cohesive (HSC) silicone gel is another breakthrough technology in breast implants today. Says the ASPS, “While HSC is the strongest type of silicone on the market, the resulting implants remain soft and natural-feeling to the touch.”
2) Improved technique
In addition to a wider range of implant options, there are also a few different surgical techniques that you might want to discuss with your plastic surgeon to see which one would be best for you, says the ASPS.
- Fat transfer breast augmentation has become more popular in recent years according to the ASPS, particularly among women who don’t want breast implants but are still looking for extra volume in their breasts.
- During fat transfer breast augmentation, liposuction is used to harvest unwanted fat from other areas of your body, like the hips, abdomen and love handles. This excess fat is then injected into your breasts. Since it’s your own fat being transferred, there’s no chance of rejection, and because the fat is injected, there are no surgical scars.
- This technique is a great solution for women who only want a subtle increase in their breast volume or to enhance a previous breast augmentation procedure.
3) Emphasis on natural-looking results
When I first started performing breast augmentation, women wanted very dramatic results and large cup sizes. But today, the goal of breast augmentation for most women is to only subtly increase their breast volume for results that are natural-looking and in balance with their body type. In fact, many of my patients say they don’t want people to notice that they had a “boob job.” They just want to feel curvier, sexier and more confident about their bodies.
Make sure you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who understands the latest breast enhancement options, techniques and trends
To get the outcome you're looking for, your plastic surgeon is an excellent resource to help you better understand the differences between implant types and who can help you choose the one that’s best for you and your individual needs. But before you commit to this type of major surgery, make sure to check your surgeon’s credentials and experience.
I am very experienced in performing breast augmentation
In my plastic surgery practice in Westchester, NY, I have performed hundreds of successful breast augmentation procedures for more than 20 years, with very few complications. I am board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), am a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). I have a thorough command of the most advanced surgical techniques and technologies, and consistently provide my patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries. In addition, I am on staff at White Plains Hospital and Lennox Hill Hospital.
I offer four types of breast implants, all of them safe
- Silicone breast implants—filled with silicone gel.
- Saline breast implants—filled with saline (sterile saltwater).
- The IDEAL implant—contains a series of structured implant shells and two separate chambers filled with saline.
- Natrelle® gummy breast implants—filled with silicone gel. Choose from five profiles (low to extra full), four degrees of fullness (minimal to maximum) and three levels of cohesivity (gumminess).
Most women—and most plastic surgeons, myself included—prefer the look and feel of silicone or structured implants (rather than saline). Both of these are generally considered to look and feel more like real breast tissue, while saline implants are more prone to cause rippling of the skin. Women are also reporting high satisfaction rates with the new gummy versions because they can choose the size and shape of their implants for a more customized, unique look.
Learn more about the 3 most popular breast implants in this short video
No matter which type of plastic surgery procedure my patients are considering, I truly believe that the best patient is an informed patient. Watch my 2-minute video about breast implants by clicking here or on the image below.
When asked if breast implants are safe, my answer is yes
In over 20 years of performing breast implant surgery in my plastic surgery practice, I have encountered very few complications in my patients as a result. For women who want larger breasts, who want the size and shape of their breasts to match, or who have had a mastectomy and want breast reconstruction, breast implants are a highly satisfying, long-lasting solution.
See the beautiful results for yourself
To see unretouched “before and after” photos of actual patients of mine who have had successful breast implant surgery, please visit the Breast Augmentation page in the Photo Gallery section of my website.
If you already have breast implants, you should get them checked regularly
If you have breast implants — saline, silicone, structured or textured — it’s important to get them checked for ruptures, slippage, leakage, swelling or any other potential problems. For all my patients with implants, I highly recommend getting them examined once a year. Please make an appointment to come in and see me so I can check for any problems.
Symptoms of potential problems you should be aware of:
- breast asymmetry
If you are experiencing of these symptoms, consult your surgeon right away. If there are no symptoms, there is no reason to remove the implants.
To learn more about breast implants, I recommend these 3 blogs
So that you can be fully informed about this important decision, I’ve written several blogs explaining the many aspects of breast implant surgery:
- 8 Questions To Ask Your Plastic Surgeon Before Breast Augmentation
- Here’s Why Breast Implants Are Safe
- 10 Most Popular Reasons Why Women Get Breast Implants
Considering breast implants?
If you are thinking about breast augmentation and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me and I will send you additional information prior to your appointment. During our consultation, I will assess the current appearance of your breasts, your reasons for wanting surgery, and your expectations. Then together, we will decide which breast procedure will bring you the results you’re looking for. I specialize in the most advanced techniques of breast augmentation surgery and am ready to help you achieve your goals.
For more information on the many types of breast procedures I offer, please visit these pages on my website
You can find a good deal of information on my website about the many breast procedures available to you:
- Breast Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.