Are you getting married soon? Or going on vacation somewhere warm and want to look feminine and sexy in tight-fitting tops? Are you looking ahead to summertime, with its body-hugging dresses and revealing bathing suits? Whatever your reasons, this is a great time of year to get breast augmentation surgery. In addition to breast augmentation, I offer a full range of breast procedures which you can learn about here.
First of all, it’s important to choose the breast implant you will be most comfortable with and that gives you the look and feel you want
The decision of which breast implant to choose is something you should discuss with your plastic surgeon and together, determine which one will bring you the most satisfaction. If cost and incision size are concerns and you are worried about having silicone in your body, you may want to go with saline or the IDEAL implant. If you want an implant that feels like a real breast, silicone or gummies might be your best bet, especially if you have minimal breast tissue to begin with.
I offer four types of breast implants, all of them safe
- Silicone breast implants—filled with silicone gel.
- Saline breast implants—filled with saline (sterile saltwater).
- The IDEAL implant—contains a series of structured implant shells and two separate chambers filled with saline.
- Natrelle® gummy breast implants—filled with silicone gel. Choose from five profiles (low to extra full), four degrees of fullness (minimal to maximum) and three levels of cohesivity (gumminess).
Most women—and most plastic surgeons, myself included—prefer the look and feel of silicone or structured implants (rather than saline). Both of these are generally considered to look and feel more like real breast tissue, while saline implants are more prone to cause rippling of the skin. Women are also reporting high satisfaction rates with the new gummy versions because they can choose the size and shape of their implants for a more customized, unique look.
Here are the top 10 reasons women decide to get breast implants
If you’re considering getting breast implant surgery, here are the most common reasons why women decide to enlarge their breast size.
1. They want to boost their self-esteem. Having larger, fuller breasts enables many women to feel more attractive, alluring and self-assured.
2. They have disproportionately small breasts. Small-breasted patients often tell me they feel inadequate as women because of their small chest. Breast implants can not only give them a dramatically fuller bust but much-needed self-confidence.
3. One breast is larger than the other. Many women have asymmetrical breasts but breast implants can remedy this, helping women feel more feminine and “normal.”
4. They have recently lost a lot of weight. After significant weight loss, many women’s breasts are smaller than they used to be and become saggy. Breast implants are a great way to restore breast fullness and roundness.
5. Their breasts changed shape after pregnancy. Many women find that after pregnancy and nursing, their breasts droop and/or get significantly smaller. Breast implants are a very effective way to restore their pre-baby breast size, or even something larger.
6. They have had a mastectomy. Women who have a mastectomy due to breast cancer or a serious health condition often want to regain their femininity and feel whole again. Breast reconstruction and augmentation with implants can achieve this very important goal.
7. They want to improve their sex life. Women who get breast implants typically experience higher levels of sexual arousal and satisfaction, as well as an overall feeling of being sexier.
8. Their clothes will fit better. By increasing their breast size, many women not only feel more attractive but that their body is now in better proportion, giving them a better fit in clothing.
9. They want to look younger. Breast implants, especially when combined with a breast lift, can restore a fresh, youthful look to women’s figures.10. They have educated themselves about the procedure and are confident about their decision. Having breast implants is a highly personal decision, and should not be taken lightly. For women who carefully think through their decision, breast implants can have a substantial, positive impact on their lives.
Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation?
Before deciding if a patient is a good candidate for breast implant surgery, I take into consideration:
- her body type
- her age
- the current size of her breasts
- the breast size she would like to be
You are not a good candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You have had previous radiation therapy
- You are under 18 years old
- You do not fully understand breast augmentation surgery and/or breast implant procedures
- You do not have realistic expectations about breast augmentation surgery
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or have an infection
Learn more about your choices of breast implants in this short video
No matter which type of plastic surgery procedure my patients are considering, I truly believe that the best patient is an informed patient. Watch my 2-minute video about breast implants by clicking here or on the image below.
Insurance companies consider breast augmentation to be elective cosmetic surgery (no matter the type of breast implant) and therefore is usually not covered by insurance, meaning that you would need to pay the entire cost.
See the beautiful results for yourself
To see unretouched “before and after” photos of actual patients of mine who have had successful breast implant surgery, please visit the Breast Augmentation page in the Photo Gallery section of my website.
If you have breast implants, you should get them checked regularly
If you have breast implants — saline, silicone, structured or textured — it’s important to get them checked for ruptures, slippage, leakage, swelling or any other potential problems. For all my patients with implants, I highly recommend getting them examined once a year. Please make an appointment to come in and see me so I can check for any problems.
To learn more about breast augmentation, I recommend these 3 blogs
So that you can be fully informed about this important decision, I’ve written several blogs explaining the many aspects of breast implant surgery:
- How To Choose The Best Breast Implant For You
- Are Breast Implants Safe? Yes And Here’s Why
- Small Breast Implants Are Becoming A Big Trend
Considering breast implants?
If you are thinking about breast augmentation and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me and I will send you additional information prior to your appointment. During our consultation, I will assess the current appearance of your breasts, your reasons for wanting surgery, and your expectations. Then together, we will decide which breast procedure will bring you the results you’re looking for. I specialize in the most advanced techniques of breast augmentation surgery and am ready to help you achieve your goals.
For more information on the many types of breast procedures I offer, please visit these pages on my website
- Breast Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.