Like many of my patients, would you like a trimmer jawline, slimmer thighs and flanks, a flatter tummy or tighter arms? Do you have bra fat and/or back fat you’d like to get rid of? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be ready for CoolSculpting, the popular non-invasive body sculpting procedure that removes stubborn layers of fat by freezing them and eliminating them from your body—without surgery, scarring or downtime. My patients love it!
As well as CoolSculpting, I also offer a wide range of body sculpting procedures to help you achieve a more shapely body, which you can learn about here. To learn more about CoolSculpting, watch my short 1:40-minute video by clicking on the image below.
CoolSculpting is the #1 nonsurgical fat reduction treatment used by doctors (according to coolsculpting.com)
Unlike fat-reducing treatments which destroy unwanted fat cells with heat, CoolSculpting freezes them. The unique CoolSculpting technology is a nonsurgical, scientifically proven way to reduce pockets of fat in trouble spots such as the abdomen, flanks or under the chin in as little as one session.* At a certain temperature, fat cells will freeze. Once that happens, your body will naturally eliminate the dead cells in 1-3 months or more, resulting in up to 20-25% reduction of fat in a treated area.*
CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared to treat 9 different areas of the body:
- visible bulges under the chin
- sagging jawline
- bra fat
- back fat
- underneath the buttocks
- upper arms
What happens during the procedure and how long does it take?
First, a gel pad is placed over the area that is being treated to protect the skin from the freezing treatment. Next, a device similar to a large vacuum hose is attached to your skin. You will feel a cold sensation like an ice pack on bare skin, then a firm tug and a pull (to make sure the selected tissue will be cooled most efficiently). Then you will feel a sensation of intense cold, which soon goes away. A CoolSculpting procedure takes about 30 minutes per section.
What about recovery time?
Since the CoolSculpting procedure is non-invasive and non-surgical, you can return to your normal activities right away, as soon as you leave my office. You may experience redness, minor bruising, tingling or numbness in the treated area, but this is temporary.
How long do the results last?
After CoolSculpting, the treated fat cells are no longer in your body and can therefore no longer expand. The result is that the size and occurrence of “fat areas” are greatly reduced long-term.*
However, since each CoolSculpting treatment reduces only about 20-25% of fat cells, if you do not continue to eat well and exercise, you can still gain weight in that area due to the remaining 75% of fat cells that can expand. That’s why it’s important not to gain weight after the procedure or your results will not be long-lasting.
For more information on CoolSculpting, I recommend these 3 blogs
So you can be fully informed before you decide to have a CoolSculpting treatment, I invite you to read these three blogs explaining the procedure and its benefits:
- What is CoolSculpting And Is It Right for You?
- What Areas Work Best for CoolSculpting? This Video Explains.
- What’s The Difference Between CoolSculpting And Liposuction?
Want to learn more about CoolSculpting?
If you are thinking about getting CoolSculpting, please contact me to schedule a free consultation and I will send you additional information prior to your appointment. When we meet, I will answer all your questions, evaluate your body type and understand what you’re hoping to achieve. Then together, we’ll choose the areas for CoolSculpting that will bring you the best possible results.
To learn more about all the body contouring procedures I offer
For further information on the many body slimming, toning and contouring procedures I offer, you might find these pages on my website helpful:
- Body Procedures
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
*Results may vary from person to person
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.