After years of doing things for other people (spouse, partner, children, co-workers, customers, friends, family members), how about now doing something for yourself? Liposuction, a highly successful, long-lasting body contouring procedure, is something you can do for yourself, boosting your self-esteem and creating a new level of satisfaction with your body.
Liposuction sculpts and tones your body for a trimmer, firmer silhouette
If you’ve tried dieting and exercise but still have localized areas of unwanted fat that won’t go away, liposuction could be the answer you’ve been looking for. It slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by reducing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. Keep in mind, however, that liposuction does not reduce cellulite, only fat.
Who is a good candidate for liposuction
A good candidate for liposuction should:
- Be of average weight, or only slightly above
- Have firm, elastic skin
- Be in good overall health
- Be within 30% of their ideal body weight
- Have concentrated pockets of fat that do not respond well to diet and exercise
Who is not a good candidate
- People with cellulite because they may develop skin irregularities in the treated area.
- Older adults. They often have less elasticity in their skin and because of this, may not get the same results that a younger person with tighter skin would.
- People who are obese. Though liposuction involves the removal of fat, it is not meant for obese patients.
- Someone who believes this is a permanent solution to weight loss. Liposuction will not prevent you from gaining weight. To keep your new shape and weight after liposuction, you must follow a proper diet and exercise plan.
- Children. Liposuction is typically not recommended for young people.
What liposuction will do: permanently remove stubborn fat deposits
By eliminating excess fat and improving your body’s overall shape, liposuction can dramatically slim and sculpt specific areas of your body, giving you a toned, curvy shape you can feel good about. Also, since fat cells do not reproduce, once they are gone, they’re gone for good! In addition to liposuction, I also offer a wide range of other body sculpting procedures to help you achieve a more shapely body, which you can learn about here.
What liposuction won’t do
- Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise.
- It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite (dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks) or loose, saggy skin.
- Liposuction will not prevent you from gaining weight. It is not recommended for those who do not intend to follow a healthy post-surgery regimen.
- Liposuction should be considered only after a person has tried other means of losing weight, particularly diet and exercise.
Learn how liposuction works
To find out more about this surgical procedure, watch my short video by clicking on the image below.
2 different liposuction techniques
- Tumescent liposuction. With this technique, a plastic surgeon will inject a solution consisting of saline, lidocaine anesthetic and epinephrine into the fatty areas before the fat is removed. The solution enables the fat to be extracted more easily, helps decrease blood loss and eases pain during and after surgery.
2. Laser-Assisted Liposuction (SmartLipo). Using laser technology, SmartLipo liquefies fat by producing a burst of energy delivered by a thin laser fiber that is inserted through small incisions in the skin. Laser-assisted liposuction also stimulates collagen production in the skin, which may in turn offer additional skin-tightening benefits.
For even better results, consider combining liposuction with other body sculpting procedures
Like so many of my patients, you might choose to combine liposuction with an additional body shaping procedure such as a tummy tuck, breast augmentation or Brazilian butt lift to achieve even more transformative results. Contact me for more details.
When I am asked if liposuction is safe, my answer is yes
In over 20 years of performing liposuction in my plastic surgery practice, I have encountered very few complications in my patients as a result. In fact, what I have observed in both men and women who have had this procedure is that it has been a wonderful turning point in their lives, enabling them to feel confident about their bodies, sometimes for the first time. In addition, having liposuction is the motivation many people need to commit to a healthier lifestyle and let go of bad habits, such as smoking and overeating.
I perform liposuction at the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester
For almost every plastic surgery procedure I perform, including liposuction, I use the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester. Located in Harrison, NY, the Surgical Specialty Center has four operating rooms and an 11-bed recovery room. Each operating room is fully equipped with state-of-the-art anesthesia (provided by a board-certified anesthesiologist), emergency equipment and everything else I and my surgical team need to provide the highest standard of care to each one of our patients. To learn more, watch this short video by clicking on the image below.
How much does liposuction cost?
Because every person’s body is unique and the amount and location of fat to be removed through liposuction vary from person to person, I determine the exact cost of this plastic surgery procedure after I have met with the patient and evaluated her body type, amount of fat stores, her overall physical condition, and her personal goals and expectations. Then together, we will decide what type of procedure(s) will bring her the results she’s hoping to achieve. For further pricing details, please contact me.
For more facts about liposuction, I recommend these 3 blogs
So you can be fully informed before you decide to have liposuction, I’ve written several blogs explaining the procedure and its benefits. Here are the three most popular ones:
- The 14 Most Popular Areas of the Body for Liposuction
- The Best Part About Liposuction? Long-Lasting Results!
- Is Liposuction Right For You?
If you are thinking about having liposuction, please contact me for a free consultation where you’ll hear about all your options and have the opportunity to ask as many as questions as you like. I have performed hundreds of liposuction procedures and am highly experienced in this specialized type of plastic surgery. Deciding to have liposuction is an important decision and I am dedicated to helping you achieve the beautiful body you’ve always wanted.
Learn more about the many body contouring procedures I offer
- Body Procedures
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.