Have you been thinking about getting a Brazilian butt lift but keep putting it off, wondering if it’s the right time, if it’s safe, if you can afford it? One suggestion I would like to make is that after doing so much for others — spouses, children, parents and others —and after the very difficult year we’ve just had, now is actually a great time to do something for yourself. Not only will a butt lift greatly improve the shape of your buttocks but also the way you feel about yourself, giving you more personal satisfaction and self-confidence.
One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures
Since it was first introduced in 1996, the Brazilian butt lift (also called butt augmentation or BBL) is now one of the most requested plastic surgery procedures I perform in my practice. As well as the Brazilian butt lift, I also offer a wide range of other body sculpting procedures to help you achieve a more shapely body. To learn more, click here.
This short video explains the details
To learn more about Brazilian butt lift surgery, watch my short video by clicking on the image below.
10 of the wonderful, life-changing benefits of a Brazilian butt lift
One of the greatest aspects of a Brazilian butt lift is that the results look and feel natural, as if you were born with the derrière of your dreams. Here are 10 other important benefits:
- A BBL uses liposuction to remove excess fat from one area of your body (usually the abdomen, flanks and/or back) and transfer it to the buttocks, resulting in dramatic improvements in several parts of your body — a significant upside to having this surgery.
- A BBL lifts, contours and enhances your curves — not only your butt but also your waist, hips and thighs for a more feminine, hourglass figure.
- In addition to enhancing the actual size of the buttocks, BBL surgery also helps create a more lifted appearance and minimizes the look of cellulite.
- Since a BBL uses your own fat, there are no foreign objects or substances put into your body so there is no risk of implant rupture or displacement.
- Fat injections are less invasive than inserting butt implants.
- A BBL can be individually customized to achieve the buttocks size and shape you desire. A great advantage of this is that unlike implants, BBL outcomes are not limited to the sizes and shapes of implants that are available.
- The transferred fat can also be placed specifically in areas that need padding or building up, such as the hips.
- Once the transferred fat settles and integrates with your original fat, the results are long-lasting and potentially permanent.
- Not only will a BBL give you an overall shapelier, sexier body but also a major boost in confidence.
- A Brazilian butt lift uses your own fat so there’s no chance of rejection.
Combine with liposuction for even more pleasing results
While undergoing a Brazilian butt lift procedure, many of my patients take advantage of liposuction to also remove fat from their tummy, waist area and thighs, creating a more pleasing balance between the size of their butt and the rest of their body. This is a great way to get that curvy, very feminine hourglass silhouette which so many women desire.
Make sure you’re getting a butt lift for the right reasons
A Brazilian butt lift can be life-changing. As well as re-shaping your "behind," it sculpts and tones your overall body shape. I have found that this is often a wonderful turning point in my patients’ lives, boosting their self-esteem and enabling them to feel confident about their bodies, sometimes for the first time. For this reason, it’s very important to undergo this surgery for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s ideas of what your body should look like.
Health factors to keep in mind
- You have to be in good medical health to be considered a good candidate for any type of plastic surgery.
- If you have any heart conditions, lung conditions or neurological disorders, you may not be a good candidate for a BBL.
- Another important factor is your pre-surgical weight. Very thin patients are discouraged from having a BBL because they may not have enough excess body fat to extract and re-position in the buttocks area.
How long will the results last?
A Brazilian butt lift is a very long-lasting procedure. On average, expect about 50% of the injected fat to stay in the area and about 50% to be reabsorbed by the body. This is why I always add in extra fat deposits.
Is a Brazilian butt lift safe?
As a plastic surgeon who has been performing this body contouring surgery for over 20 years, I can confidently say that yes, if done properly, in the right setting, in the right patients, this procedure is safe. In order to avoid any negative outcomes for my patients, I perform all of my surgeries at the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester, a leading-edge, state-of-the-art facility in Harrison, NY.
To learn more, watch this short video by clicking on the image below.
How much does a BBL cost?
When asked how much a Brazilian butt lift will cost, my answer is that there is no one standard price. Recognizing that every woman’s body and expectations for butt augmentation surgery are unique to her, I determine the exact cost of a Brazilian butt lift after I have met with the patient, evaluated her body type, amount of fat stores, overall physical condition and her personal goals and expectations. For further pricing details, please contact me.
Is a BBL covered by insurance?
Generally speaking, Brazilian butt lift surgery is considered to be an elective cosmetic procedure, meaning that it is not covered by insurance.
Considering butt augmentation?
Choosing to have a Brazilian butt lift is an important decision for a woman. If you are thinking about getting a Brazilian butt lift and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me. I will send you additional information prior to your appointment, then when we meet, I will evaluate your body type and overall health, answer any questions you may have about the procedure and recovery period, and learn what you’re hoping to achieve. Then together, we’ll determine how to arrive at the best possible results.
Want more information? I recommend these 3 blogs
So that you can be fully informed before you decide to have a Brazilian butt lift, I’ve written several blogs explaining the procedure and its benefits:
- Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Right for You?
- Ready For A Better Butt? Consider A Brazilian Butt Lift!
- Considering A Brazilian Butt Lift? Here’s What You Need To Know.
Learn more about the body contouring procedures I offer
- Body Procedures
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.