If you’re like a lot of us, over the holidays there was probably no shortage of yummy cookies and delicious desserts to indulge in as you celebrated with family and friends. Now that we’re into a brand new year, you might be noticing some extra fat rolls that weren’t there before.
Or, maybe you’re thinking about all the possibilities that a new year brings. This might be the perfect time, finally, to get the beautiful body you’ve always wanted.
Whatever your reason for wanting to get rid of excess fat and achieve a trimmer physique, liposuction could be the answer you’re looking for. It slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by taking away excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion, giving you a toned, curvy shape you can feel good about. Since fat cells do not reproduce, once they are gone through liposuction, they’re gone for good.
For more specific details, watch my short 2-minute video by clicking on the button below.
A highly-effective, permanent solution to fat deposits
- cheeks, jowls and neck
- upper arms
- breast or chest areas
- abdomen and waist
- hips and buttocks
- inner and outer thighs
- inner knees
- calves and ankles
Liposuction can successfully be combined with other procedures
Liposuction can successfully be combined with other cosmetic surgery procedures such as a facelift, breast augmentation, Mommy Makeover, tummy tuck or lower body lift. If you want to reduce fat throughout your entire body, this will likely take multiple procedures. To learn more about the full range of body contouring procedures I offer, click here.
Many health benefits beyond slimming and contouring
As well as getting rid of excess fat, liposuction can dramatically change a person’s shape, boost their confidence and motivate them to live a healthier lifestyle. In fact, many of my patients use liposuction as a starting point to change their lives for the better, especially now at the beginning of a new year. For those who want to look and feel their best, liposuction is a great way to get a self-improvement process started.
What liposuction won’t do
- Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise.
- It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite—the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks—or loose saggy skin.
- Finally, liposuction will not prevent you from gaining weight. To keep your new shape and new weight after liposuction, you must follow a proper diet and exercise plan.
What happens during liposuction surgery
During the liposuction procedure, body fat is extracted by first inserting a small, hollow tube (a cannula) through one or more tiny incisions near the area to be suctioned. Incisions are usually less than one-quarter inch in length and are placed in places where they will be least noticeable, often within skin folds or contour lines. The cannula is connected through a tube to a vacuum pressure unit. Guided by a plastic surgeon, the suction device then vacuums away your unwanted fat.
2 types of liposuction
There are 2 different liposuction techniques:
- Tumescent liposuction. With this technique, the surgeon will inject a solution into your fatty areas before the fat is removed. It is made up of a saline solution, lidocaine anesthetic and epinephrine (contracts your blood vessels). The solution helps the surgeon extract the fat more easily, helps decrease blood loss and eases pain during and after surgery.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction (SmartLipo). Using laser technology, SmartLipo liquefies fat by producing a burst of energy as the laser enters the fatty tissue. This laser energy is delivered by a thin laser fiber that is inserted through small incisions in the skin. Laser-assisted liposuction also stimulates collagen production in the skin, which may in turn offer additional skin-tightening benefits.
How much does liposuction cost?
Because every person’s body is unique and the amount and location of fat to be removed through liposuction vary from person to person, the exact cost of surgery is usually determined by a plastic surgeon after he or she has met with the patient and together, they have decided which and how many areas of the body are good candidates for liposuction in order to achieve the best possible results.
Are you considering liposuction? Let's talk.
If you are thinking about having liposuction, please contact me for a free consultation where you will hear about all your options and have the opportunity to ask any questions. I have performed hundreds of liposuction procedures and am highly experienced in this specialized type of plastic surgery. Deciding to have liposuction is an important decision and I am dedicated to helping you achieve the beautiful body you’ve always wanted.
To learn more about the many body contouring procedures I offer
- Body Procedures
- Butt Augmentation
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Lower Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Samuel J. Beran, MD is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with offices in Manhattan, Harrison and Mount Kisco, NY. With more than 20 years’ experience and a thorough command of the most advanced techniques and technologies, Dr. Beran consistently provides his patients with the highest level of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, face, skin and body. Recently, Dr. Beran was named a “Top Doctor” by RealSelf for his dedication to responding to consumer questions and patient feedback. The “Top Doctor” designation is awarded to less than 10% of the RealSelf physician community.